Live instruction sessions are a great way to meet new people and practice your English. We have a few guidelines to make sure the sessions are enjoyable and helpful for everyone.
Live Instruction Code of Conduct
As a learner participating in Voxy’s live instruction sessions, you agree to be respectful of the teachers and your fellow learners by following this code of conduct:
- You arrive to the session on time and stay for the entirety of the session.
- You mute yourself when you’re not speaking so background noise doesn’t interrupt the session.
- If another learner or the teacher is speaking, you allow him/her to finish before speaking.
- In group sessions, you allow others to have equal opportunity to speak in the session.
- You do not use language that makes others uncomfortable, i.e. profane, sexually suggestive, rude or violent language.
- You do not make disrespectful comments about race, religions, or countries.
- You wear appropriate attire in the session, i.e. a shirt, pants, or other appropriate clothing.
- In group sessions, your cell phone is turned off or set to vibrate so you and your fellow participants and teacher are not distracted during the session.
- The classroom is a place to learn and practice English, so please use English as much as possible during sessions for both speaking and writing.
- The Voxy methodology is for adults, and our sessions are aimed at students 13 and older. To reaffirm: Sessions are not for minors. We strongly recommend voicing any questions or concerns to email@example.com.