There are some differences between a URL and a domain. A domain is the actual name of your website (example.com). The URL is the address where the page is actually found on the internet. You should decide the URL where the Voxy(r) web application will appear. Please note, we will need two different URLs for our two different courses.
To certify and display your URL, you will need a CNAME record which will allow the URL to be hosted on the internet. This will connect your URL to your company's primary website by telling the domain to display the pages you have in your domain.
In order to host on a custom domain, get the organization's tech team to complete the following actions.
- You should decide the URL where the Voxy app will appear.
- You need to create a CNAME record that points from your domain to a Voxy domain that will correspond to your organization.
- For example, your devops team should create a CNAME record for orgapp.orgname.com that points to orgname.voxy.com.
Information to send to the partner:
To create a CNAME record:
- Go to your DNS settings in whatever application they use to manage their domain (i.e. godaddy.com as an example).
- Set the 'host' value as the subdomain where you want to host the product (subdomain = the 'learnerapp' part of learningapp.lsc.ac).
- Set the "points to" value as lsc.voxy.com.